Rubicon Organics is a leader in organic cannabis production and brands. Grown in Delta, British Columbia, our cannabis is terpene rich and truly from the earth (all our cannabis is grown in proprietary soils hand-mixed by our CSO). Our mission is to grow the best cannabis on earth, and for the earth; with a vision to be the global leader in organic cannabis brands.
Rubicon is growing exponentially with new team members, processes, products and markets. Our Compliance Manager shall integrate compliance in each activity, project and product at site and in market. They will accomplish this by being an expert in applicable regulations and requirements. This is your opportunity to take everything you have learned in your compliance and government relations career to date and apply it in a leadership role within a nimble multinational company, leaving a huge legacy in your wake.
· Be the face of Rubicon Organics to key regulatory stakeholders including Health Canada, the Agricultural Land Committee, the Fraser Valley Organic Producers Association, the Canadian provinces, international federal narcotics, pharmaceuticals and organic regulators. This includes licensing, organic certifications, monthly and annual reporting, lobbying, audits, and import/export permits
· Define, design and deliver systems and process to ensure efficient compliance across the organization. Lead development and change in licensing, product development, government relations and internal/external audits
· Ensure all new SKUs are launched is in full compliance with federal, provincial and organic regulations
· Create an all-star support system for Rubicon’s maintenance and growth.
· Drive compliant decision making
· Lead cross-functionally to ensure all compliances activities and objectives are deliver on time and in full
· 5+ years of experience leading compliance and government relations activities in a consumer good space
· An energetic change-agent who assesses opportunities from a multitude of angles, comfortable challenging, learning and supporting
· A self-motivated leader who educates, and holds accountable, the entire organization for compliance to multiple regulatory standards, from organic to international narcotics
· Comfortable in hyper-growth environments and managing multiple complex projects
· Experienced in organic standards, in a vertically integrated organization in a plus
· A natural problem solver, you have exceptional attention to detail and are meticulously organized
· Experienced with EU-GMP and associated regulations