Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Brand Manager for Rubicon’s new cannabis concentrates brand, Lab Theory TM is a rare opportunity to take the lead in one of the fastest growing cannabis segments. You will be responsible for all aspects of building the brand – from creating data-driven consumer insights to annual brand planning and positioning. While working with the internal team and agencies to develop ground-breaking communications, you will ensure excellent execution, providing top notch data analysis and reporting.
You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and have a proven track record of consumer-centric brand building. You feel comfortable with strategy and getting your hands dirty in execution. There isn’t a problem you aren’t willing to solve from a branding perspective.
Rubicon Organics' mission is to grow the best cannabis on earth, for the earth.
Purpose of the Brand Manager role:
- Ensures continued progression of brand health through evolving brand positioning with consumer/shopper driven insights in mind
- Leads the strategic annual brand planning cycle, ensuring strong executable plans are embedded across the company
- Role models the mission, vision and values of Rubicon Organics and instilling passion for our brands company wide.
We are looking for an outstanding Brand Manager who wants to leave a tangible legacy:
- Possesses an agile, hands on leadership style with a passion for consumer marketing
- Has the ability to inspire and relate to all employees, from Marketing Assistant to CEO
- Acts as a leader who wants to deliver a broad business impact, through both team participation and individual contribution
- Develops and implements brand activations brief from an aligned Annual Planning Cycle, to actively improve brand awareness, consideration and conversion
- Collaborates with the innovation team and cross-functional partners in the development of new product ideas and platforms, product improvements or value engineering, and new product activation strategies.
DATA DRIVEN INSIGHT
- Accountable for brand health and performance through monitoring and mitigating critical brand metrics including awareness, trial, penetration, brand equity measures, value/volume share, distribution, ROS, forecasting, price compliance, etc.
- Monitors and reports on market trends, research outcomes and competitors’ effectiveness
- Has ownership of full brand P&L with an eye to drive strong GM% through COGS and Sales efficiencies
- Partners with sales team to develop channels strategies including implications for assortment, merchandising, pricing and sizing, new business opportunities, and tracking of new item distribution and performance
- Develops and oversees the execution of a data-influenced marketing strategies with a heavy focus on digital marketing channels
- Measures and reports on performance of all marketing campaigns, assesses KPIs and ROI
- 5+ years proven working experience in brand marketing in a consumer driven category
- Proven ability to develop and implement consumer driven brand strategies
- Data-driven thinking partnered with a creative mind
- Solid verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Enthusiasm and the ability to adapt and thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Degree in marketing or a related business field