Finance Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Rubicon Organics’ mission is to grow the best cannabis on earth and for the earth. We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join our team to lead the forecasting and commercial analysis of the business. This is an opportunity to take everything you have learned in your career and apply it within a fast paced, high growth company.
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager role will serve as the finance business partner providing support to the Sales, Marketing and New Business teams. Reporting directly to the Vice President Finance, this position will be responsible for leading relevant management reporting, forecasting, and business analysis. This is a dynamic hands-on role requiring successful candidates to demonstrate critical thinking, dealing with ambiguity and the ability to succeed in fast-paced environments.
· Lead the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process for the company
· Lead financial analysis for new products innovation and business partnerships
· Lead the design and improvement of reporting and analysis processes
· Prepare reporting packages, management and board presentations
· Champion a strong internal controls environment
· Perform other duties and projects as required by the business
We are looking for an outstanding FP&A Manager who wants to leave a tangible legacy
· A developing leader who wants to deliver a broad business impact
· You drive to take on new opportunities and challenges with the self motivation to continue to develop and grow self and others
· You bring experience in finance and industry with a view to constantly improves processes and outcomes
· You can easily establish effective working relationships across the business and finance teams
· CPA or equivalent (4-5+ years experience)
· Previous experience working in finance in the cannabis industry or similar is preferred.
· Strong computer literacy with advanced level Excel skills (Power Query, Power Pivots, advanced formulas) are required.
· Detail oriented person with strong analytical skills
· Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
· Acts with a strong sense of urgency & accountability
· Displays self-initiative to identify issues, and to operate independently
· Creative problem solving to business issues and is motivated by seeking process improvement
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work with a variety of people at different levels within the organization
What we can offer:
· Challenging work at a fast-growing company
· Opportunity to learn and grow under a first-class finance team with decades of experience
· The unique experience of helping build a new industry
· Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications
The successful candidate will be expected to receive a background check before beginning employment. This candidate reports to the Vice President Finance and will be based in downtown Vancouver, BC, but travel between our office and the Delta, BC Facility will be required.