Reporting directly to the Vice President Finance, this position will be responsible for leading the accounting team to deliver the month end close process, enabling timely and accurate reporting of our financial performance. You should have a solid working knowledge of IFRS and strong financial analysis skills. This is a dynamic hands-on role requiring successful candidates to demonstrate critical thinking, dealing with ambiguity and the ability to succeed in fast-paced environments.
Rubicon Organics’ mission is to grow the best cannabis on earth and for the earth. We are looking for an experienced Cost Accounting Manager to support our finance team in providing timely and accurate management reporting. This is an opportunity to take everything you have learned in your career and apply it within a fast paced, nimble multinational company.
We are looking for an outstanding Cost Accounting Manager who wants to leave a tangible legacy:
· A developing leader who wants to deliver a broad business impact
· You drive to take on new opportunities and challenges with the self motivation to continue to develop and grow self and others
· You bring experience in finance and accounting with a view to constantly improves processes and outcomes
· You can easily establish effective working relationships across the business and finance teams
· Leading, improving and accelerating the monthly close process
· Maintaining and reconciling the majority of all balance sheet and Profit and Loss general ledger accounts (excluding corporate specific accounts)
· Maintaining the fixed asset register, and ensuring accurate depreciation
· Support ERP implementation project(s)
· Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, policies and procedures
· Ensure processes operating with appropriate internal controls
· Ensuring all vendors are paid on time and managing our credit score
· Leadership of the cost accounting team (AP, AR, cost accounting)
· Assisting the corporate finance team with annual audit preparations and queries.
· Performing other accounting duties as required
· Designated CPA or equivalent, with 6-8 years of accounting experience
· Experience in Cannabis, CPG, or agriculture industry experience is an asset
· Strong technical mastery of revenue, cost and inventory accounting
· Strong computer literacy with advanced level Excel skills (advanced formulas, power pivot, queries) are required. Experience with Xero, or a comparable accounting system.
· Detail oriented person with strong analytical skills
· Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively, and work under pressure to meet deadlines
· Acts with a strong sense of urgency & accountability
· Displays self-initiative to identify issues, and to operate independently
· Creative problem solving to business issues and is motivated by seeking process improvement
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work with a variety of people at different levels within the organization
What we can offer:
· Challenging work at a fast-growing company
· Opportunity to learn and grow under a first-class finance team with decades of experience
· The unique experience of helping build a new industry
· Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications
The successful candidate will be expected to receive a background check before beginning employment. This candidate reports to the Vice President Finance and will be based in Delta, BC.