Purpose of the Project Manager role:
To act as the point of contact/manager for existing and new project requests within the Rubicon Organics Business Transformation Team, including project nomination, initial scoping, and business case preparation. You’ll make recommendations for vendor technology and selection to enable improved business performance. This role will be responsible to deliver regular project status updates to Rubicon stakeholders and communicates delivery challenges as they arise and resolves them effectively.
Rubicon Organics’ mission is to grow the best cannabis on earth and for the earth, and today we are doing just that out of our state-of-the art greenhouse facility located in Delta, B.C. We’ve recently started trading on the TSX Venture Exchange, expanded out partnerships with big names such as PAX Labs, and announced a Product Supply Agreement with German medicinal Cannabis distributor canacur GmbH. Our growth is as tangible as our products, and we’ve only just begun.
We are looking for an outstanding Project Manager who wants to leave a tangible legacy:
· Someone with a thoughtfully cultivated leadership and communication approach when managing projects. Status updates keep you in check and you know how to deliver on time and within budget.
· An individual who can masterfully plan & prioritize a large number of tasks in a collaborative manger, to deliver the biggest impact to the business.
· A self-starter with experience integrating and implementing ERP systems
- Ensure project delivery responsibilities and commitments are understood internally and, if applicable, with external partners
- Define and manage the scope of work for each project, creating a detailed breakdown of tasks, dependencies, labour requirements, and task durations
- Develop and manage project budgets in tandem with the executive sponsor
- Update key stakeholders on the progress of projects as well as any problems or potential roadblocks, along with solutions on how we can navigate through them
- Responsible for all quality management aspects of the project
- Evaluate and asses the final results of each project, conducting a post-mortem to see where we can improve for future projects
· Communicate project objectives, activities, and status across a diverse range of Stakeholders and mediums. This includes communicating with domain subject matter experts (SMEs) as well as Sponsors and Executives
· Continuously manage and monitor scope, quality and timeline of project deliverables – ensuring effective management to plan and reporting of deviations
· Plan, monitor, and report project costs including internal resource cost allocation, operating expenses, and capital expenses
· Ensure projects have robust and well-established implementation, change management, and handover plans
TECHNICAL & SUPERVISORY
· Provide leadership, coaching, and management of Business Analyst(s)
· Establish and maintain a base level knowledge of Rubicon’s business processes and solutions across a complex and diverse technology stack
· Assist in establishing a roadmap to build an expanded project delivery function, including standard tools, processes, and methods both within IT and across the business
· Bachelor’s Degree in either Business Administration/Commerce/Engineering or Information Technology is preferred
· 7+ years of relevant project management work experience
· Knowledge and understanding of multiple ERP modules and how they relate to key business areas, such as Financials, Procurement, Inventory & Warehousing operations
· Experience with an integrated ERP such as Pronto, SAP, Oracle, Dynamix, JDE etc.
· Experience executing a business blueprint and documenting business requirements that can be understood by a technical process team.
· Experience developing and fostering client relationships over the course of engagements as well as maintaining and fostering client relationships to enable future opportunities
· Proven Experience in project documentation, creating training materials, requirements gathering, and project management methodology
· Experience with all aspects of financial and management accounting within an ERP system
· Experience implementing core Finance & Supply Chain system modules would be considered an asset (General Ledger, AP/AR, Procurement, Warehouse Management, Project Costing, etc.)
· Demonstrated experience implementing ERP either as a consultant or within an organization going through an ERP project
· Experience with business process design and BI packages such as Power BI